I have to say that it seems like lately I’ve been hearing a lot of negative comments on Valentine’s Day. It appears there are quite a few people who honestly believe it to be a useless “Hallmark Holiday”, but I have to disagree. February 14th has become a marked day for the celebration of love. It’s counterpart, Sweetest Day in October, is another day celebrating love, and I find them to be much needed holidays.
In our busy lives, it’s too easy to forget to make time for each other and to say those three little words, “I love you.” It’s not really that we forget we love each other, but we do forget to take time out to say and show our feelings. Valentine’s and Sweetest Day may be days the greeting card industry has taken full advantage of, but should that really take away the importance of remembering to love and appreciate each other? Nope!
Believe me, I know what forgetting does to a marriage. I see it every day. Couples grow apart. They get busy with home, family and career. They start to live like two strangers in their own home. So, before you knock our beloved Hallmark Holidays, ask yourself if you’ve remembered to show that special someone how much you love them.
Well, that’s my 2 cents! 🙂
Wishing you all love and abundant blessings,
- 2023 Compassion in Action Giveaway - March 1, 2023
- Healing Yourself & Working with Animal Guides - August 1, 2022
- A Rose of Red, White & Blue - July 5, 2022
- How to Begin Healing Yourself - June 6, 2022
- It’s Time for Intentional Creation - May 2, 2022
- Monthly Ally Giveaway - March 28, 2022
- Monthly Facebook Prize Giveaway - January 3, 2022
- Holiday Charity Drive & Giveaway - November 13, 2021
- Finding Me (Soul Retrieval) - June 7, 2021
- Second Annual Compassion in Action Giveaway - March 12, 2021
Oh no! That’s not good! You obviously can not believe yourself to be “unromantic”, though. Maybe it’s time to help your husband see the truth? You don’t have to wait until V day to make an impression he won’t soon forget! 🙂 Then, maybe next year you can both disappear for a while … together.
I know for myself that I don’t bother with Valentines Day anymore, mostly because my husband seems to use it as a opportunity to tell me how unromantic I am. This year he started up a huge fight. Next year I think I will try to disapear for the day.