I have to say that it seems like lately I’ve been hearing a lot of negative comments on Valentine’s Day. It appears there are quite a few people who honestly believe it to be a useless “Hallmark Holiday”, but I have to disagree. February 14th has become a marked day for the celebration of love. It’s counterpart, Sweetest Day in October, is another day celebrating love, and I find them to be much needed holidays.
In our busy lives, it’s too easy to forget to make time for each other and to say those three little words, “I love you.” It’s not really that we forget we love each other, but we do forget to take time out to say and show our feelings. Valentine’s and Sweetest Day may be days the greeting card industry has taken full advantage of, but should that really take away the importance of remembering to love and appreciate each other? Nope!
Believe me, I know what forgetting does to a marriage. I see it every day. Couples grow apart. They get busy with home, family and career. They start to live like two strangers in their own home. So, before you knock our beloved Hallmark Holidays, ask yourself if you’ve remembered to show that special someone how much you love them.
Well, that’s my 2 cents! 🙂
Wishing you all love and abundant blessings,
- Things To Do in Quarantine … - March 21, 2020
- Compassion in Action Giveaway - March 9, 2020
- Angel Messenger Charity Projects - January 11, 2020
- Making a Difference One Bracelet at a Time - October 21, 2019
- A Dedication to the Earth Mother - September 2, 2019
- Mother Earth Contest Winners - July 15, 2019
- Mystical Shaman Oracle (Recommended Deck) - July 1, 2019
- My Mother Earth Experience - June 3, 2019
- The Mother Earth Project - April 1, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to Creating Beacons of Love - March 11, 2019