Twelve Lessons Horton Taught Me
By Hillary Fields
I just watched “Horton Hears a Who,” new on DVD and Blu-ray December 9th from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment–and, wow! I have to admit, when I was a kid the parables in my favorite storybooks kind of whizzed right over my head. (I somehow managed to completely miss the religious themes in C.S. Lewis’s books as well.) I always thought of Dr. Seuss’s “Horton Hears a Who” as just a cute children’s fable with a lovable protagonist, but after watching the movie as an adult, Horton’s tale has also opened up many powerful lines of spiritual inquiry in my mind. Witnessing our elephant hero’s unwavering faith and his determination to stick up for the helpless, even in the face of tough opposition and the ridicule of his peers, made me realize there are some strong spiritual allegories here that are worth investigating.
So, come along as we explore some of the spiritual lessons of “Horton Hears a Who.” Click here to start!
- What Loneliness Could Be Telling You - June 18, 2018
- Prayer – The Most Reliable Self-Help Tool - April 9, 2018
- 7 Simple Ways To Improve Physical And Spiritual Wellness - December 25, 2017
- The Amazing Angel’s Invitation to A Wedding in a Reading - November 10, 2017
- The Day I “Googled” the Angels & My Surprising Results - October 20, 2017
- 7 Quick Steps to Reduce Stress and Stop Anxiety - October 16, 2017
- Practical Tips to Manifest What You Want in Life - October 6, 2017
- Daily Ritual for Manifesting Positivity Into Your Life Now - May 19, 2017
- Amazing Angelic Communication – How Playing Harp Came to Me - May 12, 2017
- Our Hidden Parts – The Importance of Melding Them Together - April 21, 2017
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!