When I tell people they need more playtime in their day, it’s always the same deep breath and eye roll. People rarely take the time to play and don’t realize how important it is.
People will tell me, “I don’t have time to meditate; how am I going to find time to ‘play’?” But, I would argue that playtime is maybe even more important than meditation time. As the description for this card says, “Playing is a magical form of meditation …” Doreen explains how playing actually opens your heart chakra, and this draws more positive energy toward you. When you bring joy into your life, that joy is a magical manifestation of positive energy. Not only does play open up your heart chakra, but it also sidetracks your ego long enough to allow possibly unexpected Divine wisdom to enter your conscious awareness.
“Playing is a magical form of meditation …”
If you are getting this card, it’s time to dust off your inner child. Get out of your rut and day-to-day same old routine, and allow yourself to be silly and joyful. Children are much more in tune with that spiritual side of themselves, so it does make sense that connecting to that playful side of ourselves will also connect us with the Divine part of ourselves that we keep locked away while we are going about our daily lives, living out of habit rather than out of joy. Don’t you think it’s time to play?
5 Great ways to play …
- Play with your kids; they will teach you how to find joy.
- Play with your pets. Pets are wonderful for healing our energy and giving us unconditional love.
- Get out your crayons or pencils and color. Mandalas are a wonderful example as well as a great meditation tool.
- Play games or even video games. Yes, many adults play video games, and this can be a great way to bring joy into your life, but the ones that will give you the best “play energy” will be more fun and relaxing rather than competitive or frustrating. Or better yet …
- Play outside. Being out in nature also has the added benefit of sunlight and oxygen. Go swimming, throw a ball around with your kids or even your pet, go to the park or enjoy any other number of countless outdoor activities.
How do you play? Please share your ideas in the comments section below. 🙂
Founder, Angel Messenger
This card is from the “Magical Mermaids & Dolphins” Oracle Card Deck by Doreen Virtue.
“The Magical Mermaids & Dolphins Oracle Cards are specifically geared to help you manifest your desires, life purpose, and Divinely inspired dreams. These cards can help you swim into the ocean of your unconscious mind, where profound thoughts and feelings can create – or block – your heart’s desire. Your manifestations will appear more quickly and accurately once you discover your true, deep beliefs. I’ve also infused these cards with blessings, to support you in manifesting your beautiful, joyful life and Divine mission.” – Doreen Virtue, Instructions for Working with the Magical Mermaids & Dolphins Oracle Cards.
For a deeper explanation by Doreen, consider purchasing this deck – available now on Amazon.com. Each deck comes with a guidebook that includes directions and layouts as well as detailed explanations of each card. Doreen’s products can be found on Amazon.com and the Angel Therapy Bookstore. There is also a mobile appavailable for this deck.
- Things To Do in Quarantine … - March 21, 2020
- Compassion in Action Giveaway - March 9, 2020
- Angel Messenger Charity Projects - January 11, 2020
- Making a Difference One Bracelet at a Time - October 21, 2019
- A Dedication to the Earth Mother - September 2, 2019
- Mother Earth Contest Winners - July 15, 2019
- Mystical Shaman Oracle (Recommended Deck) - July 1, 2019
- My Mother Earth Experience - June 3, 2019
- The Mother Earth Project - April 1, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to Creating Beacons of Love - March 11, 2019