The Opal card can represent much more than what it appears to be. We’ve received many questions like, “But I don’t have children … what could this possibly mean for me?” This is a card that everyone can connect to because everyone was once a child themselves.
If you’ve drawn this card, consider the possibility that maybe the message is about your own inner child. The description Doreen gives for this card is about the Angels watching over your physical children, but your Angels and guides will use the cards on this site to send you messages that the author may not necessarily have originally meant. Although I do have a child myself, this card has been coming up in all my personal readings lately – ones that had nothing to do with my child. I kept asking what this was about and received a very clear message that this card was about healing my own inner child. I was blown away by what that meant regarding the questions I’d been asking. Even if we think we’ve healed from something, it’s possible that little person inside our hearts is not yet all the way healed. Children process pain differently. As we grow into adults, maybe we “heal” certain fears and traumas without realizing what we’re actually doing is hiding them somewhere deep inside.
This card is also strongly connected with Archangel Gabrielle’s energy, who is the Archangel of parenting, communication, nurturing (including self-nurturing). It makes sense that this message would not just be about parenting and nurturing your physical children but also the one within us.
If you do have children, also consider how healing your inner child (and helping him/her to know that she is safe and “well cared for by God and the angels”) will help you in your relationship with your own children.
May you find peace, love and blessings for your child within.
Founder, Angel Messenger
This card is from the “Messages from Your Angels” Oracle Card Deck by Doreen Virtue.
For a deeper explanation by the author, consider purchasing this deck – available now on Amazon.com. Each deck comes with a guidebook that includes directions and layouts as well as detailed explanations of each card. Doreen’s products can be found on Amazon.com and the Angel Therapy Bookstore. There is also a mobile app available for this deck.
- 100 Comforting Activities for Managing Depression and Anxiety: Finding Joy in Every Step - February 21, 2024
- A New Year; A New Beginning - February 5, 2024
- Justice and Liberation - September 27, 2023
- Awaken Your Bliss: A Beginner’s Guide to Unveiling Joy in the Present - August 11, 2023
- 2023 Compassion in Action Giveaway - March 1, 2023
- Healing Yourself & Working with Animal Guides - August 1, 2022
- A Rose of Red, White & Blue - July 5, 2022
- How to Begin Healing Yourself - June 6, 2022
- It’s Time for Intentional Creation - May 2, 2022
- Monthly Ally Giveaway - March 28, 2022