It’s no secret that I’m a fan of the Twilight Saga, and I really enjoyed the movie. I would pay to see it again. I went on Friday to see it with my sister who loved it. There was a guy a few seats down from us who whispered to his girlfriend, “There are only like five men in this whole theatre.” Well, what did he expect? The only boys who go to see this movie are the ones who are dragged there. This is most definitely a chick only flick, and that’s okay. 😉
The movie itself was very well done. The new producer nailed it! The scenes were full of rich color, and the battles were dramatic. If you’re a fan of the books, you’ll love the movie. This movie was over two hours long, so I didn’t feel like there was something missing at the end … like I did with Twilight. There were some minor things left out, of course, but it wasn’t so blatantly obvious this time. The few liberties taken helped tie in some of those left out tid bits as well. **spoiler altert** For instance, when Bella and Edward are looking at the painting of the Volturi in Carlisle’s office, the painting comes to life with a scene from the past. It was a great way to bring back some of what the first movie missed.
One aspect of the vampires that I find a little unusual is that they don’t have fangs. Has anyone else noticed this? I thought it odd in the first movie when Edward was fighting James. With as angry and brutal as that fight was meant to be, there where no fangs. The vampires in New Moon were brought to “life” more, but it was really just their eyes … still no fangs. I wonder why that is. I’m sure it can be tastefully done and add something to the visual dynamic. Interesting.
Overall, as I said before, I would recommend that any woman with a pulse go and see New Moon. Then again, I’m sure the undead among us would enjoy it, too! 😉
- Politics & Spirituality - September 28, 2020
- Rainbows Around the World Giveaway - September 7, 2020
- Transformation & Enlightenment - August 31, 2020
- Things To Do in Quarantine … - March 21, 2020
- Compassion in Action Giveaway - March 9, 2020
- Angel Messenger Charity Projects - January 11, 2020
- Making a Difference One Bracelet at a Time - October 21, 2019
- A Dedication to the Earth Mother - September 2, 2019
- Mother Earth Contest Winners - July 15, 2019
- Mystical Shaman Oracle (Recommended Deck) - July 1, 2019