Yesterday, my family and I took a trip to the Toledo Zoo. It was amazing! We’ve been to all the zoos in Michigan at least twice, so we decided to venture out of state, and I’m so glad we did. They have a 7 month old polar bear cub that was absolutely hilarious. His name is Siku, and he really interacted with the crowd. If you’ve ever wondered if the animals could really see the people on the other side of the glass, let me tell you that they do.
There was a woman standing right next to the glass who happened to have a Pepsi bottle in her hand, and Siku wanted to play with her badly. He even tried to nip at the bottle. The woman stepped back and walked away from the glass, afraid he was going to hurt himself. Siku followed her searching over the people to see her. As much as it hurts to see an animal caged, that little guy is a very happy little polar bear. He and his mother played and entertained the crowd for quite some time. When mom got tired, Siku was still hamming it up. He was adorable and so very funny – the highlight of our day!
The Toledo Zoo is a great zoo. It was well laid out with plenty of places to sit. It was clean, and the animals seemed to be well taken care of. I can tell the difference, and most of the animals I saw were generally happy. Captivity has it’s pluses and minuses, but at least these animals were cared for. It’s places like the Toledo Zoo that are making important strides toward human education and polar bear conservation. If you’re in driving distance of Toledo, this zoo is well worth a visit!
- Never Enough - December 28, 2020
- More Than They Know - December 21, 2020
- Signs and Symbols - October 19, 2020
- EVE Gives Justice - October 12, 2020
- Saving the Children - October 5, 2020
- Politics & Spirituality - September 28, 2020
- Rainbows Around the World Giveaway - September 7, 2020
- Transformation & Enlightenment - August 31, 2020
- Things To Do in Quarantine … - March 21, 2020
- Compassion in Action Giveaway - March 9, 2020