I was getting ready to respond to a few emails and began thinking about what a good week this was. It was a busy week, but it was the first week in a long time that I felt like life was starting to happen again. My little boy made friends with the kids across the street. We went school shopping for shoes and clothes. We even had a party!
I think the party was the best part because that was better than normal life. Our previous home was too small to have many people over, but this house is enormous – to me at least. We had about a dozen people over last night for my brother-in-law’s 25th birthday. He was a great help in our transition to our new home, so I was more than happy to have his party here. We even had some guests come in from out of town, and they are staying at our house. We have a spare room that is used for workout equipment, and it doubles as a guest room, so that worked out really well.
This coming week will be busy. I have to call our home warranty company again to see about getting the air conditioning repaired on the first floor. I’m thankful the house is so well insulated because it’s not unbearably hot without the central air. I also have to call back contractors about bids on repairing the deck. I think I’ve decided on who I’m going to go with, but two of the contractors never called me back with a bid. I’m not sure why that is, but I’m thinking that is a good sign I should not hire them to do the work.
Well, I guess I’d better go tend to those emails. I’ll have to start thinking about making dinner soon. I hope everyone is having a good weekend. 🙂
- Never Enough - December 28, 2020
- More Than They Know - December 21, 2020
- Signs and Symbols - October 19, 2020
- EVE Gives Justice - October 12, 2020
- Saving the Children - October 5, 2020
- Politics & Spirituality - September 28, 2020
- Rainbows Around the World Giveaway - September 7, 2020
- Transformation & Enlightenment - August 31, 2020
- Things To Do in Quarantine … - March 21, 2020
- Compassion in Action Giveaway - March 9, 2020