A young woman and mother needs help. This is someone I know indirectly and feel urged to help in whatever way I can. After having an allergic reaction to an antibiotic, Melissa Kania needs a liver transplant. With having my mother-in-law on the same waiting list for several years now, I know how difficult it is waiting for a miracle. You live each day for the chance that you might get better, and those who love you pray for a little more time.
I personally know Melissa’s cousin, Misty. Misty is accepting donations through Paypal to help Melissa pay for medical expenses. Donations can also be sent via regular mail or deposited at any TCF Bank. This is where I’m giving my charitable donation for this month, and I’m hoping that sharing her story here will urge others to help as well.
There are many, many people in this world of ours that need help. Some are losing their homes, their jobs or both. Some are losing their lives. If you know of the battles we are having with health insurance and medical issues here in the U.S., I don’t have to tell you what a struggle it can be. It can be overwhelming sometimes to take in all the heartache of those surrounding us. But, to make a difference, we only have to reach out and help one person.
Remember that story of the starfish on the beach? A man is walking along the beach throwing the starfish that have washed ashore back into the water. Someone comes across him and asks why he bothers. How can he possibly make a difference when there are so many? The man answers by reaching down and tossing in another. He says, “Made a difference for that one…”
Make a difference for someone. If you can, make a difference for Melissa. No matter what you can give, it will help. If you can’t offer monetary assistance, please offer your prayers. You can read more about Melissa here.
Donations can be made in the following ways:
PayPal: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: Roxanne Kania-Slotnick C/O Benefit for Melissa Kania
11774 Tamarina Ct. Pinckney, MI 48169
Direct Deposit: At any TCF Bank location, make a donation to Benefit of Melissa Kania.
Thank you for reading!
- Justice and Liberation - September 27, 2023
- Awaken Your Bliss: A Beginner’s Guide to Unveiling Joy in the Present - August 11, 2023
- 2023 Compassion in Action Giveaway - March 1, 2023
- Healing Yourself & Working with Animal Guides - August 1, 2022
- A Rose of Red, White & Blue - July 5, 2022
- How to Begin Healing Yourself - June 6, 2022
- It’s Time for Intentional Creation - May 2, 2022
- Monthly Ally Giveaway - March 28, 2022
- Monthly Facebook Prize Giveaway - January 3, 2022
- Holiday Charity Drive & Giveaway - November 13, 2021