Signs from Mother Earth
from our Angel Messenger Creative Team
Would we ignore our physical mother if she was in pain? Then, how is it that we are failing to hear the cries of the Mother that sustains each one of us?
Over the last few decades, Mother Earth has been screaming for help. Her oceans, seas, rivers, and lands have become massive garbage dumps. Irresponsible consumption and ineffective garbage disposal have covered our dear Mother’s body with vast stretches of plastic waste.
Blinded by the idea of material progress, we continue to produce more and more within a linear economy where the focus is only on production and consumption. Most of us don’t realize that the concept of ‘throwing away’ is a sham as there is really no ‘away.’
We haven’t learned from Nature where nothing goes to waste and everything that is created gets absorbed back into Nature to become new objects of wonder. Why are we so short-sightedly wasteful in our ways?
The greatest need of the hour is a cyclical economy. Our consumption patterns must change. Companies will have to make items that are built to last instead of manufacturing goods that keep us buying more and more as part of the use and throw culture. The entire concept of ‘profit’ needs to be revisited.
There’s a Cree prophesy that says,
“Only when the last tree has been cut down, the last fish been caught, and the last stream poisoned, will we realize we cannot eat money.”
We need to realize that at the end of the day money is only the means to an end and not the end itself.
Hence, we need to change our ways and switch from mindless consumption to mindful living. In reality, the quality of our life does not depend upon how much we can consume but on how much we can truly relish what we already have.
Each one of us must develop the sensitivity and sensibility to understand that Mother Earth is constantly trying to tell us just how much she is suffering.
Here are some major signs from Mother Earth that this is high time for us to change our ways – at both the individual and the collective level.
A Rise in Global Temperature
Global warming is very real and it is affecting your life more than you think. We are all contributing to it in big and small ways.
The average surface temperature of planet Earth has gone up by almost 1.62 degrees Fahrenheit. This is largely due to man-made emissions. Uncontrolled release of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere is one of the biggest contributors to this major threat.
In the last few years, there has been a significant increase in natural disasters caused due to extreme weather conditions. Instances of hurricanes, floods, droughts, and excruciating winter weather have been on the rise.
It’s like when things get unbearable for Mother Earth, she can’t help but howl in pain. The problem is that most of her children manage to turn a deaf ear to these pleas for help as well.
I think the biggest problem is that most people don’t understand that nothing happens without a reason. Small things add up and become big contributors to disasters of a massive scale.
The concept of ‘economic growth’ is synonymous with the depletion of natural resources. What’s most unfortunate is that the rate at which the planet’s resources are being depleted isn’t commensurate with the rate at which they are being renewed.
Thanks to the Industrial Revolution, the acidity levels of our oceans have increased by 30%. We are emitting excessive carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Hence, more carbon dioxide is being absorbed by our oceans – contributing to a significant increase in water acidity. This is a massive threat to marine life besides plastic pollution.
These are only some of the ways in which Mother Earth is telling us that humanity needs to change its ways. We need to stop being blinded by our own short-term focus on material gain and also put an end to behaving as if we are the only creatures on the planet that matter.
In Nature, all life forms have their own special place. Each species plays a significant role in maintaining the ecological balance. The more we live in harmony with nature and other creatures; the healthier, happier, and more harmonious our own life becomes.
It’s true that complete and lasting change can come about only when governments and societies focus on large-scale transformations. However, we must also remember that individuals collectively create society and governments.
While it might seem like what you are doing at the individual level is insignificant, the point is to start somewhere. If we can’t immediately change the ways in which our governments and economies operate, we can at least become a positive example for others.
Here are a few ideas in which you can help Mother Earth:
- Reduce your consumption of goods. Reuse as many things as many times as you can. Finally, don’t forget to properly recycle those items that can’t be used anymore.
- Try to avoid buying plastic packaged items as much as possible. Shop in the bulk section of grocery stores if possible. Carry reusable cloth bags with you and fill them up with the items you need from the bulk section.
- Cook fresh food at home instead of buying pre-packaged meals – healthy for you and also for Mother Earth.
- Stay away from chemical-based cosmetics and personal care products as much as possible. Use natural alternatives instead. Same goes for cleaning supplies for your home.
- Try to drive less and walk more. Encourage other people in your family and your community to do so as well. Instead of driving your own car or hiring a cab for yourself, you can try carpooling or taking a shared taxi wherever possible. You can also use a bicycle to ride around the city – most US cities are quite bike-friendly.
- Carry your own bottle and try to stay away from the trap of buying bottled water. Water is a basic human right and a free resource that no one should ever have to pay for!
- Avoid wasting food and water at all cost.
- Buy things that are built to last and step out of the highly destructive ‘use and throw’ culture of today.
Much Love & Angel Blessings,
- How to Keep Your Faith Alive During a Rough Patch - May 18, 2020
- 11 Powerful Ways you can find calm & peace in a fast changing world - May 4, 2020
- How to Overcome Your Fears to Build the Business of Your Dreams - April 27, 2020
- How to connect with loved ones who have crossed over - April 6, 2020
- What Does it Mean when You Dream of Someone Dying? - March 23, 2020
- 5 Habits that Drain Your Energy - March 16, 2020
- 9 Ways You Can Communicate Better with Your Guardian Angels - February 24, 2020
- Practical Tips For Enhancing Your Marital Relationship - February 10, 2020
- 3 Signs from Your Guardian Angels and How to Interpret Them - January 27, 2020
- Attract the Love You Deserve – Soulmate Manifestation Guide - January 13, 2020