Meditate As You Read
A Powerful Meditation for Healing and Release
Sometimes it is hard to take time out and sit down for a meditation session. Sometimes we are just not in the right frame of mind for it, or sometimes we are not in the right place or time to practice meditation. This meditation has been specifically designed for those times. All you have to do is continue reading this article, but you must read every word with total mindfulness. As you read, allow yourself to feel and live through each word.
In order to enhance the mood, you can dim the lights a little and maybe even loosen your clothes to breathe more freely. If you like, you can also play some soft music in the background. However, none of that is really needed. This meditation is meant to be simple, so it is still going to work.
Important: Read each step 2-3 times before moving on to the next. Follow the instructions very closely because the real power lies not in merely reading through the sentences but in doing what each word is suggesting you to do.
- Sit in a comfortable position keeping your back straight. Try to find a posture that you can retain throughout the course of this meditation without disturbing itself.
- Now, gently close your eyes for a few moments and focus your mind completely on your breath – feel your breath moving in through your nostrils, filling every part of your body with vitality and a renewed energy. Hold it for a few moments and then gently allow the breath to release out your mouth.
- Continue inhaling and exhaling deeply allowing the relaxation to spread through your entire body. Intend to breathe at this same pace throughout the meditation. Whenever your mind begins to wander, bring your attention back to your breath.
- Now, think about a time when you were perfectly happy. When was it? Who were you with? What was the weather like on that day? What were you doing in those happiest moments of your life? Allow the picture to become vivid and alive as if it was all happening right now.
- Look at what you are wearing, look down to notice which shoes you have on. What are you thinking? What are you feeling? What is so special about this day? As you think deeper and deeper about these perfect moments, you will find yourself slipping into a state of profound relaxation.
- Every inch of your body is now filled with a sense of profound joy and relaxation. You are perfectly happy and everything in life is just perfect. Now, close your eyes and relish every moment of this perfect happiness that you are feeling. Relive every moment once again. It is all happening right now. Everything is perfect and glorious. When you are ready, open your eyes and continue reading.
- While retaining that sense of joy you are currently experiencing, focus your attention on the center of your heart chakra. Notice how there is a bright and beautifully glowing pink light there. The happier you feel, the brighter this light seems to get.
- Notice how this light is getting bigger and bigger, expanding through your chest, covering your head, your legs, your arms. Your entire body is now encompassed within this bright and beautifully glowing light emanating from the center of your heart. Feel the peace and calmness this joyful light emanates.
- Notice how it is getting brighter and more illumined with every thought of joy and happiness you are experiencing. Close your eyes for a few seconds and enjoy your presence within this glorious light of love and healing.
- Now, watch how this light is expanding – it now encompasses the entire room, your entire neighborhood, your entire city, your entire country, the entire world and finally, the entire universe.
- Feel how through the expansion of this light from your heart center, your being is also becoming fluid-like – it’s as if the entire universe is within you at this moment.
- Notice how everything within this world is now covered in a lovely pink light. Watch how happy everyone is, how perfect everything looks. Everywhere you look; there is laughter, happiness, joy. Every soul is happy and every heart is fulfilled. There is only love in every corner of the Universe, and the love of the whole Universe is now pulsating within you.
- Carrying this deep sense of inner peace and joy, say to yourself either out aloud or in your mind, “I forgive myself. I love myself.” Feel the forgiveness pulsating inside your being; watch whatever resistance and blockages are coming up. Are there tears? Is there anger? Is there frustration? Is there sadness? Is there guilt? Don’t resist anything; just keep repeating this statement until it begins to feel true. “I forgive myself. I love myself.”
- Now, repeat to yourself, “I forgive everyone. I love everyone.” Feel the forgiveness pulsating inside your being; watch whatever resistance and blockages are coming up. Are there tears? Is there anger? Is there frustration? Is there sadness? Is there guilt? Don’t resist anything; just keep repeating this statement until it begins to feel true. “I forgive everyone. I love everyone.”
- Watch how the whole world, the whole Universe, is now bathed in the holy waters of your forgiveness and your love. State the intention to retain whatever you are feeling right now throughout the day. State the intention to treat everyone with love and kindness. State the intention to see the best in everyone and ignore the worst. State the intention to treat your own self with love, kindness and forgiveness.
- Now, say out loud in your mind, “Through grace, I am healed, I am complete, I am Whole.” Close your eyes and feel every word in your heart. Repeat this statement many times until it begins to feel true. “Through grace, I am healed, I am complete, I am Whole.”
- As you gently open your eyes, bring your mind into the present. Notice your physical surroundings.
- Slowly become aware of the chair you are sitting on. When you are ready, gently begin to move your body and come back fully.
You can do this meditation whenever you like. It could serve as a perfect start to a work day, an in-between stress release practice or as the last ritual before you retire to bed at night. You can even feel free to make yourself a personal recording for your own personal use. Enjoy! 🙂
Much Love & Angel Blessings,
- 100 Comforting Activities for Managing Depression and Anxiety: Finding Joy in Every Step - February 21, 2024
- A New Year; A New Beginning - February 5, 2024
- Justice and Liberation - September 27, 2023
- Awaken Your Bliss: A Beginner’s Guide to Unveiling Joy in the Present - August 11, 2023
- 2023 Compassion in Action Giveaway - March 1, 2023
- Healing Yourself & Working with Animal Guides - August 1, 2022
- A Rose of Red, White & Blue - July 5, 2022
- How to Begin Healing Yourself - June 6, 2022
- It’s Time for Intentional Creation - May 2, 2022
- Monthly Ally Giveaway - March 28, 2022