Tomorrow is our Independence Day in the U.S., the 4th of July. This day commemorates the signing of the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, 1776, declaring our independence from Great Britain. This annual celebration is accompanied by barbecues, parades, and fireworks all across the nation.
This afternoon, my family saw Transformers at Celebration Cinema in Lansing and then went to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner. They have a tradition there of announcing birthday and having guests raise their glasses to the celebration of another year. Today, there was a birthday, and shortly thereafter another celebration was announced. A young woman was there having dinner with her family. She was just home from Afghanistan, and she will be going back again shortly. Everyone raised their glasses to the young woman and her sacrifice in the name of freedom.
It’s men and women like this one that our celebration is all about; it’s a celebration about freedom from tyranny – ours and others. I know there are many reasons the U.S. became involved in this current conflict in the middle east, but the truth is that men and women make sacrifices every day for the sake of life, liberty and free rights we hope to maintain in this country. Tomorrow is a celebration of what that stands for. I’m sending out my love and asking the angels for blessings and protection for our brothers and sisters in arms. This is my personal thank you to soldiers like my sister, Jessica, and all those others out there stationed in places far from their loved ones. Thank you all (and our forefathers) for your dedication and your service. Without those heroes of the past, we might not have the freedom to think for ourselves today. As Americans, we must always remember what our forefathers fought for, too. They didn’t fight for the right to stand aside and let others dictate what we believe, what we stand for. They fought for our rights to our God given free will. We have the ability and freedom to think for ourselves, and it’s important we remember to do so now and in the future.
Be independent! Don’t base your opinions on the words of others. There’s a lot going on in this nation of ours. I urge you to put your thinking caps on and find the truth for yourselves. 🙂
In the Light of Truth,
- 100 Comforting Activities for Managing Depression and Anxiety: Finding Joy in Every Step - February 21, 2024
- A New Year; A New Beginning - February 5, 2024
- Justice and Liberation - September 27, 2023
- Awaken Your Bliss: A Beginner’s Guide to Unveiling Joy in the Present - August 11, 2023
- 2023 Compassion in Action Giveaway - March 1, 2023
- Healing Yourself & Working with Animal Guides - August 1, 2022
- A Rose of Red, White & Blue - July 5, 2022
- How to Begin Healing Yourself - June 6, 2022
- It’s Time for Intentional Creation - May 2, 2022
- Monthly Ally Giveaway - March 28, 2022