How to Get Rid of Negative Thoughts Starting Today
from our Angel Messenger Creative Team
It is the nature of the mind to think and it seems as if negative thoughts occur more easily in our minds than positive ones. This is just a result of conditioning. Since childhood, we have been programmed to live from a place of fear and lack of love. Not surprisingly, most of us are constantly battling our own minds trying to hold it back from slipping into an endless chasm of negativity. If you want to change your life and your thoughts, then you must first understand how thoughts are formed.
Where Do Thoughts Come From?
I suggest that you sit down quietly for a moment and close your eyes. Now, observe what words and pictures are forming in your mind. If you are like most people, then your mind will constantly keep jumping from one idea to another bringing up memories of the past and anticipations of the future. It would seem like you have no real control over what your mind thinks and you end up feeling almost incapacitated by its eternal restlessness.
Thoughts are actually of two types. There are thoughts that emerge from within our consciousness. These are based on past psychic impressions and memories. The other kind of thoughts are the ones that we pick up from our environment. For instance, have you ever found yourself sitting at a new place and suddenly a thought occurred to you that doesn’t have any direct link with you or your life experiences?
Thoughts are like radio waves. There are all kinds of thoughts present in the environment. We pick up the thoughts that are in tune with our own vibrational frequency – much like how you can tune a radio to a particular station. Right at this very moment, both positive and negative thoughts are surrounding you. But you are resonating with either one of them based on your own state of spiritual evolution and the current state of mind.
It’s also true that there are certain places where negative energies and thoughts are more strongly present. For instance, if you go to a house where people are constantly fighting with one another, you will soon start feeling drained. If you stay for too long, you’ll feel as if all the blood has been sucked out of your body. This is how strongly we are influenced by our environment. At the same time, there are places that have such a positive and divine energy that simply being there uplifts you. Like, when you go to a holy place where a sage has meditated in the past, you automatically start feeling light and joyful. This is because such a place is infused with the divinity of an ascended soul.
How to Overcome Negative Thoughts
Now, coming to the real question: how do we overcome our negative thoughts? The answer here is two-fold. You will have to transform both your inner and your outer environment. If you work on only your inner environment, then, in the beginning, it will be very difficult for you to retain your positivity under all circumstances. It’s not impossible though, just extremely difficult.
At the same time, this doesn’t mean that you are going to remain a victim of your environment forever. As you grow spiritually, you will eventually reach a point when your aura will become so powerful that instead of you getting affected by your environment, you will be the one influencing it with your positivity and divinity.
However, until you reach that point you must work hard to provide the right conditions for your inner world to flourish. It’s like how a young plant requires so much care and protection but a giant tree has the power to withstand just about anything.
How to Transform Your Inner World
- Having a spiritual practice is crucial for keeping yourself grounded. If you haven’t yet found a practice that resonates fully with you, I suggest incorporating deep relaxation exercises into your daily routine. Do it every day both in the morning after waking up and at night before going to sleep.
- Once your body is fully relaxed, it would be good to practice affirmations. Choose one or more affirmations that are relevant to you. For instance, if you have been experiencing fear and anxiety, then you can choose an affirmation that fosters hope. For example, the affirmation can be something like: I trust the process of life. Everything is happening for my highest good.
- Additionally, keep repeating your affirmations throughout the day so that you can really start believing it as your reality. However, it’s very important that you do the morning and nightly practice without fail. The reason is that during these two times of the day the subconscious becomes easily accessible and we are able to reprogram it effectively. (If you already have a spiritual practice then you can either skip the affirmations or use them as a supplement to your current routine)
- You must emotionally feel what you are saying because emotions are your real power. What you think and feel becomes your reality.
Transforming Your Outer Environment
- Eliminate clutter – keep yourself surrounded by things you value and cherish. This is a powerful method for removing negative energy from your environment.
- Try your best to stay away from people, places, and circumstances that drain your energy. If you suddenly start feeling low in someone’s company or at a particular place, then this means that you are getting affected by their negativity. There are two ways of dealing with this. The best option would be to simply walk away from such a place or person. If that’s not possible, then you can start focusing all your mental and emotional energy on your spiritual practice. If you have a personal mantra, then you can start repeating it or you could silently start repeating the affirmations in your mind. This will act as a shield between you and your environment.
Developing Witness Consciousness
Until you have attained complete self-realization, negative thoughts will keep bubbling up from time to time in your inner landscape. It’s important to not fight with them. Also, don’t hold on to them by analyzing why they are coming. Learn to detach yourself from everything and just witness.
If you neither resist nor indulge in negative thoughts, then you will realize that they go just as fast as they come. Let go of all resistance and learn to simply be because that’s what we are really here for.
Much Love & Angel Blessings,
- 7 Signs Archangel Gabriel is Near You - January 4, 2021
- How to Do a Spiritual Retreat at Home - December 7, 2020
- 10 Tips to Help You Protect Yourself from Negative Energy - November 30, 2020
- The Ultimate Guide to Archangel Michael - November 2, 2020
- How to Live Positively in Negative Times - September 21, 2020
- 5 Ways You Can Work With Archangel Michael And Feel Closer To Him - August 3, 2020
- How The Angels Can Help You Overcome Addictions - July 20, 2020
- The Ultimate Guide to Angel Numbers and Their Meanings - July 6, 2020
- 5 Tips To Cope With Self-Help Overload - June 22, 2020
- 11 Ways You Can Work with Your Guardian Angels in Your Daily Life - June 1, 2020