“For the past twelve years, I have been struggling financially. I have been in and out of employment many times, and just when I think that I have found a good career path, it seems that the universe has other plans for me, and it fizzles out. I have come to the conclusion that this may have something to do with my beliefs that I don’t deserve abundance in my life. Although I am aware of these thoughts, I find it a real challenge to break free of these limited beliefs. I have tried positive thinking, affirmations, and meditation. Nothing seems to be working. How do I free myself from this and move forward into a life of abundance of all things in my life?”
Your question is the one that needs to be asked when it comes to the “Law of Attraction”. We can find endless information on this topic from books and magazines to blogs and e-books, but they all say the same thing. “Think positive and everything will work out fine.” I don’t believe this, but maybe that’s why my life isn’t perfect? Na, I don’t believe that either. 😉
I think we are missing a major key player here. Ask yourself, “How does thinking positively make me feel?” It makes you feel happy – better, right? Thinking positively helps change our mindset because it brings us joy and hope for the future. Thinking positively does have power. You’re putting positive energy out into the universe to send a message of what you want to draw into your life. That’s great, but now what?
Joy is what creates miracles in our lives. We can think about being happy all we want, but actually making ourselves happy is where the real power lies. This is what the “Law of Attraction” is missing. It’s not enough to just think about the job we want, the house we want, the spouse we want. We need to literally change our energy to attract those things to us, and we do that through action.Okay, now ask yourself, “What else makes me happy?” What people, things and activities bring you happiness? Do you enjoy movies, long hot bubble baths or time with your spouse? What do you do to relax? Do you have music that makes you feel happy, uplifted and alive? What do you do for fun? How often do you do these things? I’m guessing the answer to that last question is “not enough”.
How do we take action to make ourselves happy and activate our innate power to attract what we want? Here are a few tips…
1. Develop an understanding of how abundance really works and accept the truth that you are responsible for creating the events and circumstances which create your life experiences.
2. Do become aware of your thoughts and beliefs and shift them when necessary.
3. Visualize and focus on your desires – not your fears.
4. Think about your actions, and consciously create situations that bring you joy.
5. Think about your reactions. We’ve been conditioned our whole lives to react to things in certain ways; we do it unconsciously. It’s important not to forget that our reactions to people and circumstances can be just as powerful as our thoughts or actions. You may have a negative reaction habit that needs to be broken.
We all want abundance in our lives. We want to be free of financial burden. We want to be loved. It’s not too much to ask for, but you do need to know you deserve it. Creating elements of joy in our lives is powerful and can even be miraculous.
Homework: Make a list of at least 10 things that bring you joy, and begin actively scheduling those things into your days. Happier days = happier months = happier years = happier lives. Oh, and smile more often … exercise is good for the soul! 😀
Comment Rules: Don’t bite – be polite. Please do not put your URL in the comment text and be sure to use your personal name or initials and not your business name, as the latter may get caught in my spam filter. Comments that are not appropriate will be deleted. Spammers will be banned. Have fun and thanks for adding your voice!
Did you do your homework? Share your list below …
- Never Enough - December 28, 2020
- More Than They Know - December 21, 2020
- Signs and Symbols - October 19, 2020
- EVE Gives Justice - October 12, 2020
- Saving the Children - October 5, 2020
- Politics & Spirituality - September 28, 2020
- Rainbows Around the World Giveaway - September 7, 2020
- Transformation & Enlightenment - August 31, 2020
- Things To Do in Quarantine … - March 21, 2020
- Compassion in Action Giveaway - March 9, 2020