I remember when I first saw this broken metal cross on the ground of a hospital parking lot. I was leaving Sparrow Hospital in Michigan after working a 12 hour night shift. It was the morning after I had taken care of a patient, a woman, who had died. She had been very ill and it was sad to experience her go.
I knew I had to go home and go to sleep that day, then get up and do it all over again that night. I had to focus on self care so that I could recharge and be a good nurse that evening. Life was feeling very overwhelming at that time, I was tense and worried, anxious and introspective.
As I walked out to my car I saw this cross at my feet. I saw the words, “Let Go and Let God” and picked it up. Reading those words at that particular time soothed me. I took them as a sign that I needed to surrender my fear, let it go, and trust that even though I didn’t understand my path at the time, there was an important reason I was on it.
I remember feeling a deep and warm wave of relief passing through my body as I relaxed and let go. Prayer and meditation re-balance and heal my emotions, refocus my thoughts, and allow me some peace. When ever I am worried or sad or scared or grieving or feeling lost or anxious – meditation on LOVE and what I am grateful for is soothing. Connecting to an energy I sense to be aware and intelligent during my prayer – is an elixir that heals what’s ailing.If I didn’t have connection to Source I know I would be very lost by now.
To Let go and Let God- I learn to trust again. Without meditation and a spiritual connection, I would struggle more to learn how to pay attention to what is necessary to experience and learn on my journeys – I would not have the strength to say NO when I need to; and to say YES when I need to. I would find it difficult to maintain personal boundaries; to take essential personal space and/or to dive into social swimming pools – when I need to. Just being able to, and aware of being able to -tap into Source and meditate- has been a gift I am grateful for, especially during intense times. Anyway, felt like sharing about the metal cross I found in the parking lot.
(¯` ´¯). *
`*.¸.* ´* peace * ´¯`•.¸¸. Love
- Power Animal Guides - January 25, 2023
- Fawn’s Meditation on Doreen Virtue - May 20, 2019
- Allowing Angelic Divine Intervention - March 18, 2019
- Dream On with Excitement, Expectation, Faith and More! - January 14, 2019
- Learn Ways to Communicate with Your Guides and Angels Now - March 27, 2017
- Acting From Your Center (Keeps You Healthy!) - August 22, 2016
- Science and Paranormal Essay - March 21, 2016
- Powerful Mind and Body Connection - February 15, 2016
- Anxiety from A Unique Shamanic Perspective - November 16, 2015
- Power Animals as Spirit Guides - October 19, 2015
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!