How to Keep Your Faith Alive During a Rough Patch
from our Angel Messenger Creative Team
“Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” – Hebrews 11:1
The world outside is only a reflection of the world inside. By the world inside, I mean the subconscious mind. We are one hundred percent responsible for everything that is happening to us, whether it is good or bad.
This is a concept that most people find very disturbing and difficult to accept. However, the deeper you will dig into your subconscious mind, the more profoundly you will realize that your external world is a mirror reflection of your inner world.
For instance, if deep down you feel that every person you love leaves you and that you can’t trust anyone. You are likely going to have the exact same experience in the material world. You might think that finding a new person would fix the problem but the pattern will just keep repeating itself with every new person.
The more powerfully you can ‘feel’ the emotions attached to a particular thought, the faster that thought/idea would materialize into physical reality. Ironically, we tend to attach a lot of emotional impetus to our negative thoughts. Hence, they generally manifest a lot faster than the positive ones.
If you want to change your life, then you must start out by closely guarding your thoughts. Do not let even a single negative thought creep in. Of course, there will be moments when you’d slip. Just understand that negative thoughts can damage you and your life only when you allow them to evoke an emotional response in you. Just witness all undesirable thoughts with detachment and soon they will fade away.
In this article, I will give you some practical tips for sustaining your faith and creating the life that you want. They were taught by one of the greatest spiritual teachers of our time called Neville Goddard.
Live in the End
“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” – 2 Corinthians 5:7
Neville Goddard suggests that when faced with a difficulty, you should completely take the focus away from the current situation. No matter what is going on in the world, don’t react to anything emotionally because every single time you react to something emotionally, you are planting a seed that will attract more similar situations in your life.
Instead, what you should do is identify what you are truly craving to experience. Construct a scene in your mind’s eye that takes place immediately after your desire’s fulfillment. For instance, if you are going through a bad breakup and you feel that you are never going to be happy again, then, you will construct a scene where you are happily married to the ideal partner or something along those lines.
This scene could be taking place one day after your wedding. So you both might be lying in bed together with your wedding rings on. You must have precise lines for what you will be saying to your partner and what he will be saying to you.
For instance, you could be lying in a warm embrace feeling the warmth of each other’s bodies. Your hand is touching his hand. You are feeling the cold and smooth surface of his wedding band. He affectionately says to you, “I’m the luckiest man alive. I’m so happy that we are now married and together for the rest of our lives.” You could say to him, “I know. I love you.” After this, both of you kiss.
Now, there are certain key aspects to this scene’s construction:
- You must know in absolute clarity what you are looking for. Hence, if your desire is to be married, then, you would first want to write down all the traits that you desire in your ideal partner. You also want to clearly define the kind of relationship you both are going to have. The more details you add to your list, the better it will be for bringing you what you desire.
- The scene should always be set to a moment after your desire has been fulfilled. This will help the Universe bring to you the end goal you desire using the shortest route possible. Keep in mind that it might be a bumpy ride along the way. Hence, don’t get agitated by anything that is happening in your physical reality. Continue focusing on the end you want to experience and if you can persist in this, then, one day, your reality will certainly shift to become congruous with the image that you have cultivated in your mind.
- You must trust that the end is real. The two most important times of the day when you want to practice playing the ending scene in your mind is at night immediately before sleeping and right after you awaken in the morning. At these times, the doorways of the subconscious are wide open and if you work on yourself at these appointed hours every day, then you will certainly be able to create a shift. Even if negative thoughts creep into your mind during the day you want to focus completely on the ending scene at night before bed and right before awakening. At the same time, do your best to simply witness all negative thoughts that arise. Never allow them to evoke an emotional response in you.
- Make the scene as vivid and tangible as possible by adding sensory details. Transport yourself to that moment in time when your desire has already been fulfilled. Ask yourself what you are seeing, hearing, smelling and touching. You must saturate your mind with the scene to an extent that you start feeling the emotions that will accompany its fulfillment. Keep the scene short (like not more than 3-5 seconds long) and keep replaying it in your mind.
- It’s important to let go of the desire at some point. Trust that what you want already exists as creation is complete – the past, present, and future exist within this very moment. All you have to do is shift your awareness to the dimension in which your wish has already been fulfilled. Eventually, the Universe will bring it to you in the third dimension. Try to not dwell obsessively on your desire or keep wondering about when it will happen.
You can use this technique to shift your ‘reality.’ There are no facts in this world – everything is a creation. You can create whatever you want. You are only as limited as your imagination. Your ability to create the life you desire depends entirely upon your ability to live in the end and maintain an emotional state of equilibrium no matter what the sensory world is coercing you to believe right now.
For more detailed techniques, I would highly recommend that you check out Neville Goddard’s books and lectures. All his teachings are extremely practical and testable as they are based upon irrefutable laws of the Universe. Results are pretty much guaranteed if you can master your mind and your emotions.
- The Health Benefits to Taking a Salt Bath & Why it Should be Part of Your Routine - September 27, 2021
- The Benefits of Being Creative - August 16, 2021
- How to Cope with the Loss of a Loved One - July 19, 2021
- How to Get a Live Psychic Reading Without Getting Scammed - May 10, 2021
- 10 Tips to Boost Your Immune System - April 19, 2021
- The Ultimate Guide to Buying Your First Angel Card Deck for Angel Readings - March 8, 2021
- 11 Ways to Connect and Work with Your Angels and Spirit Guides - February 1, 2021
- 7 Signs Archangel Gabriel is Near You - January 4, 2021
- How to Do a Spiritual Retreat at Home - December 7, 2020
- 10 Tips to Help You Protect Yourself from Negative Energy - November 30, 2020