I was browsing my DVR this morning for something to watch and realized there were some new Ghost Hunters episodes recorded, and one of them was for Mission Point Resort on Mackinac Island. Since I’m a native Michigander and have actually stayed at that resort, I had to watch the episode. I’m pretty sure the place is haunted. They caught several oddities on tape, including what sounded like a little girl’s voice.
It was interesting to see because, like I said, we stayed there. My husband goes to Mackinac once in a while for work. I went with him one time, and we stayed a night at Mission Point Resort. I don’t normally pick up on earth-bound spirits, so it really does not surprise me that I didn’t see or hear anything. It was interesting, however, that I was extremely physically uncomfortable staying there. In fact, I was so uncomfortable that we contacted a friend of a friend who works in high places at The Grand Hotel and changed hotels the next morning. From the moment we arrived at Mission Point, I didn’t like it. I felt claustrophobic in the room, and I don’t think I slept more than an hour total that night.
The Grand Hotel is beautiful, and I really enjoyed staying there. We were in a balcony room, but I can’t remember the name of the room. I took pictures of everything from the curtains blowing in the breeze to the lights on the bridge at night. I even had a chat with a ghost, which really surprised me. Though he did have good energy and had passed a long, long time ago.
I would love to go back to Mackinaw Island and take our son with us. If you’ve never been, it’s a beautiful little island that takes you back to a time before automobiles. All island traffic is either horse drawn carriages or bikes. It’s really cool. Starting with the ferry ride over, it’s a magical experience. When we do make it back there, I will not be staying at Mission Point. It may be more of a tourist attraction for Ghost Hunter fans, but I like it even less. I love St. Ignace, though. Maybe we’ll stay there and just take a ferry over for the day. 🙂
Until my next post,
- Angel Messenger Charity Projects - January 11, 2020
- Making a Difference One Bracelet at a Time - October 21, 2019
- A Dedication to the Earth Mother - September 2, 2019
- Mother Earth Contest Winners - July 15, 2019
- Mystical Shaman Oracle (Recommended Deck) - July 1, 2019
- My Mother Earth Experience - June 3, 2019
- The Mother Earth Project - April 1, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to Creating Beacons of Love - March 11, 2019
- Honor Thy Children (Save The World) - March 4, 2019
- Freeing Athena (Trapped in A Land of Mist) - February 4, 2019