Mom is a Spirit in the Sky
As you may know, my mother-in-law was sick for several years. In fact, my son doesn’t remember a time before Grammy became ill. I want to extend my gratitude to all of you who sent your love, prayers and donations.
The kindness and generosity that has been shown to our family during this time is beyond words. Our hearts are broken though simultaneously filled with love. Mom passed away at home late Wednesday night. She was in her own comfortable bed and surrounded by the love of her immediate family.
When we started planning for her care, we could see that the amount of money needed was way more than we had. Because of your help, we were able to bring our mom home knowing that she would have the care she needed; that her last wishes would be met, and we wouldn’t let her down.
The caregivers we worked with were amazing, working around the clock to ensure Mom had everything she needed – even staying up all night long to give her pain medication every single hour through her last days.
The money donated completely covered the cost of the care team. There is a little bit left over that we will use toward funeral expenses. Again, we can’t thank you enough. Because of the donations, my husband and I were able to pay the caregivers ourselves. That was one less thing for Dad to have to do.
Dad is a very private person and doesn’t yet know about the fundraiser we ran. We created the fundraiser because Mom’s care would have easily cost upwards of $20,000 out of pocket, and Dad had no idea how he was going to pay for it. With all that Mom and Dad have done for us and other people over the years, we couldn’t bear to see this happen – especially when we knew a way to help. We, as a family, are grateful for each and every one of you.
Spirit in the Sky is the song Mom requested to have played at her funeral. <3
Please know that your kindness is truly appreciated.
Founder, Angel Messenger
- Things To Do in Quarantine … - March 21, 2020
- Compassion in Action Giveaway - March 9, 2020
- Angel Messenger Charity Projects - January 11, 2020
- Making a Difference One Bracelet at a Time - October 21, 2019
- A Dedication to the Earth Mother - September 2, 2019
- Mother Earth Contest Winners - July 15, 2019
- Mystical Shaman Oracle (Recommended Deck) - July 1, 2019
- My Mother Earth Experience - June 3, 2019
- The Mother Earth Project - April 1, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to Creating Beacons of Love - March 11, 2019