When Skies Are Grey:
Creating Positive Change in 3 Steps Now
by Heidi, contributing writer for Angel Messenger
I think it’s safe to say that many of us have been through some life challenges or have known someone that was going through a tough time. It is really easy to fall into a pit of despair when skies are grey. The key is to get out of that emotional pit as soon as possible and start creating positive change.
Trying to see the light in a dark tunnel is difficult, but can be done. Every life challenge is unique to the person going through it, and unfortunately, there is no one magic cure for all of life’s difficulties. Luckily, there are many resources available that can help assist in moving through dark times in life.
I am no stranger to hardship; I have lived through a tremendous amount of loss. I admit that I fell into a pit of despair during some of the hardest life lessons I ever faced. But I recovered through deep soul searching; taking an honest inventory of my life and dedicating myself to transforming negative emotions to healing and positive energy.
Creating positive change in life is possible, however, there is work to be done. Those who stay stuck or remain angry most likely haven’t done enough work within themselves to create positive change. The inner work MUST be done to move through the anger, pain, and sadness, otherwise, that negative energy just crystallizes and hardens in the body.
Here are the 3 most important steps I’ve taken to creating positive change in my life when skies were grey:
1.) The first step in creating positive change is moving through the negative emotions. This was the most difficult step for me because I did not like feeling uncomfortable. Feeling intense anger and pain was not easy, but I knew it was necessary to release the negative emotions that were buried deep in my body. There are licensed therapists or counselors that can help you through this process if it is too difficult to do alone. Many churches and support groups offer free to low cost counseling sessions.
As you continue to work through negative emotions, you may notice some changes happening as they are being released. If you have been used to holding on to emotional pain and are now learning how to release it, you must surround yourself with new, positive energy. This moves you to the next step; setting boundaries.
2.) Setting solid boundaries will help give you a sense of control in your life. You can not control others or their behaviors, however, you can control what you will or will not allow or tolerate in your life.
During my healing process, I came across a book by Cheryl Richardson called “The Art of Extreme Self Care: Transform Your Life One Month At A Time.” This book taught me how to set better boundaries in all areas of my life. This is a crucial step in creating positive change.
3.) The third step happens when you reach a point where you are ready to heal your life at an even deeper level. It is asking yourself a series of questions that will help you explore the challenging situation you have found yourself in.
This step happens when you can look at your life in a different, more objective point of view. It is hardest to see one’s life while living in the heart of the challenging moments, but when you work through your emotions, this step can really be freeing. When I was ready to take an honest inventory of my life and the changes I wanted to see, I asked myself a series of questions to help gain more understanding of my previous challenging circumstances.
These were some of the key questions that have helped me move forward in creating positive change:
- What were the hidden truths of these challenges?
- What do I need to get back into life?
- What boundaries do I need to set in place for more peace in my life?
- What will I never tolerate in my life again?
- How did this happen? What role did I play in this?
- What am I afraid of? What do I need to release?
- What kind of positive personality traits do I want to adopt as I move forward?
- If I could attempt and succeed at my next accomplishment, what would that be?
- What is working in my life?
- Am I ready to forgive?
These three steps helped me move forward during the most difficult periods of my life. And of course there are many additional resources; self-help books, meditation, counseling, energy healing sessions, exploring alternative types of regression therapy – these can also have amazing healing benefits.
- A Message from Your Guardian Angel - April 22, 2019
- How to Raise Your Vibration in a Toxic Environment - July 16, 2018
- When Skies Are Grey: Creating Positive Change in 3 Steps Now - March 19, 2018
- Let Your Light Shine and Be True to You Starting Now! - January 15, 2018
- Exciting Tips on How to Truly Find Your Soul’s Purpose - December 18, 2017
- Signs to Withdraw and Go Within When You are Stressed - October 9, 2017
- Remembering A Forgotten Language with the Angels Help - August 21, 2017
- Crystal Adults Revealed and How to Tell if You Are One - April 17, 2017
- Exclusive Personal Journey with Reiki & Past Life Regression - March 13, 2017
- Best Angelic Guidance Ever to Help You Move Forward In Life - February 20, 2017
Great article, just on the right time, I was feeling very anxious yesterday night but I did my best to get out of that negative place. I think it’s getting easier Everytime.