What Is Therapeutic Sound?
by Dr. Jane Maati Smith C.Hyp. Msc.D.
Modern science is only now beginning to recognize what the ancient mystics and wise men have told us for centuries; that everything (including you) is in a constant state of vibration. The most elemental state of vibration is that of sound. Everything has an optimum range of vibration, and that rate is called resonance. When we are in resonance, we are in balance. One way to use sound to heal the body is to recognize that every organ, and every cell, absorbs and emits sound, and has a particular optimum resonate frequency. By exposing the body and brain to certain therapeutic sound frequencies, they will begin to “resonate” with those sound freuqencies, much like a drum that begins to vibrate with the rythms around it.
Emotions and mental states also have certain resonant frequencies; this is the secret behind the transformative power of spiritul music and song, spoken prayers and mantras. When exposed to a resonant frequency long enough, the body (and mind) will fall into sync; if you have ever been to a large rock concert or a rave, you will understand this. If you sing in a choir, or regularly meditate with mantras, you will intuitively understand this too, because you have experienced it.Therapeutic sound and sound therapy techniques are used to realign the “out of sync frequencies” you may be experiencing within you mind or body, by exposing you to the optimum sound frequencies for the changes you wish to make within yourself.
Dr. Jane Maati Smith C.Hyp. Msc.D. studied for her Bachelor of Arts degree at Arizona State University, and received a Doctorate in Metaphysical Science and Spiritual Counseling. She is a graduate of the Hypnosis Motivation Institute, and studied with Dr. John Kappas. She is also a Qualified Mental Health Practitioner, a Vibrational Reiki Master and a Sound Energy Healer. http://subliminalselfhypnosis.com
- Things To Do in Quarantine … - March 21, 2020
- Compassion in Action Giveaway - March 9, 2020
- Angel Messenger Charity Projects - January 11, 2020
- Making a Difference One Bracelet at a Time - October 21, 2019
- A Dedication to the Earth Mother - September 2, 2019
- Mother Earth Contest Winners - July 15, 2019
- Mystical Shaman Oracle (Recommended Deck) - July 1, 2019
- My Mother Earth Experience - June 3, 2019
- The Mother Earth Project - April 1, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to Creating Beacons of Love - March 11, 2019