There are approximately 7.5 billion people that reside on this earth. How many amongst us are living with unhealed emotions? I believe a large majority of people are wounded emotionally, not quite knowing what to do with the inner emotional pain that they are carrying. When we become physically ill, we seek out medical attention to heal our physical body. But how many seek out support or professional help when their emotional body is wounded?
I believe our emotional health is just as important as our physical health. When our emotions are stuffed down, it will eventually come to the surface. When our emotions aren’t dealt with, often times, I’ve seen innocent bystanders being used as a target. An example is road rage. Recently, I had an unpleasant experience as an innocent bystander witnessing a very angry person taking their frustrations out on me on the road. A few weeks ago, I was happily driving along the freeway, going the speed limit in a construction zone, (which is 55 miles per hour), listening to a great song on the radio. I was in the far right lane, allowing other faster drivers to speed by. Suddenly, a young female driver pulls up alongside and waves a very disrespectful gesture at me. She continued to hold up her finger at me as she sped off to exit the freeway. I was extremely confused as to why she was so angry at me. I came to the conclusion that I must have not been driving fast enough for her expectations, so she had to speed around me to get to her exit, which caused her to take her anger out at me. But was her road rage really about me? I don’t believe so, and that is why I didn’t take it personally. I believe the road is one place where people with unhealed emotions vent out their frustrations, but unfortunately, their explosion of anger is usually targeted at innocent people who happen to be in their way.
What are unhealed emotions? There can be unhealed emotions from life challenges such as; relationship difficulties, career difficulties, injuries, post-traumatic stress, and more. There may even be very old, unhealed emotions that go way back to a past life. If you experienced challenges that have prevented you from moving forward in your life due to fear, anger, sadness, grief, etc. you may be feeling stuck due to unhealed emotions.
Unhealed emotions can create unhealthy patterns and situations in life, which can hold us hostage from ever moving forward. Below are a few questions to help you explore if you may be holding on to unhealed emotions:
- Have you ever experienced an event in your life that has caused you a tremendous amount of emotional pain? If so, did you allow yourself enough time to grieve after the event? Does your heart still feel heavy when you think about that experience, or do you have a sense of peace and closure?
- Are you experiencing similar situations or patterns in your life that continually cause the same feelings of emotional discomfort in your body? Do you get ‘triggered’ when someone asks you certain questions, or talks to you about a specific topic when you are at work, church, family functions, etc?
- Do you make excuses for your or other’s behavior, (friends, family, co-workers, etc.) even though it’s causing you emotional pain? What do you tell yourself to help ease your emotional pain?
How do we heal our emotional wounded body? It takes courage to look at deep emotions that may have been neglected or buried for a long time. The unhealed emotions may have been stored for weeks, months, or even years. There is help and support available for everyone, with many options to consider, even for those on a restricted budget:
- Books are a great start. Libraries often carry many books for self-improvement, including emotional health. Many emotional health books have worksheets where you can explore your feelings at a deeper level.
- Meet-up Groups often conduct free or low cost healing classes or workshops for like-minded individuals.
- If you have a larger budget, a healing retreat is a fantastic resource for healing mind, body, and spirit.
- One on one counseling or group counseling sessions with a professional. If budget is a challenge, you may find churches or colleges that offer counseling complimentary or by donation.
- Journaling is a great resource to release your emotions. By allowing yourself to express your emotions – free of any judgment, because your journal is just for your eyes only- is a great path towards healing.
Taking responsibility for our own well being and healing our emotions can help heal the planet. When we are emotionally healthy, we are naturally happier in our lives. Happy people radiate positive energy, which deflects negative energy. If we turn our thoughts away from negativity and choose the path of healing, imagine what our world could be like! Possibly a world free of less stress and anger, replaced with more laughter and compassion.
- A Message from Your Guardian Angel - April 22, 2019
- How to Raise Your Vibration in a Toxic Environment - July 16, 2018
- When Skies Are Grey: Creating Positive Change in 3 Steps Now - March 19, 2018
- Let Your Light Shine and Be True to You Starting Now! - January 15, 2018
- Exciting Tips on How to Truly Find Your Soul’s Purpose - December 18, 2017
- Signs to Withdraw and Go Within When You are Stressed - October 9, 2017
- Remembering A Forgotten Language with the Angels Help - August 21, 2017
- Crystal Adults Revealed and How to Tell if You Are One - April 17, 2017
- Exclusive Personal Journey with Reiki & Past Life Regression - March 13, 2017
- Best Angelic Guidance Ever to Help You Move Forward In Life - February 20, 2017