Today is the first day of school, and I have to say I’m feeling a bit sad. My little boy is growing up. That’s a good thing, I know, but he’s my only one, and part of me wants him to stay a little boy forever.
I’ve felt really bad for him over the last couple of days, remembering all the stress I used to feel about the first day of school. It’s great to see all your friends again, but then you’ve got tons of homework and so much less time to do what you want. My son had homework over the summer, though; he read, did workbooks and math on the ipad, etc. I’m not a fan for letting his brain rot. Of course, he doesn’t like my rules, but he’s also very smart and appreciates it when school is a bit easier because of the work we do during the summer. He will appreciate it more when he’s older, I’m sure. 😉
Is it too much to ask for just one more month of summer? I’m not ready to give my baby back to society yet. Why can’t he stay home for just one more month??? (stomping foot like two year old) Ugh!
I’m supposed to meet some people for lunch today. No offense to them, but I don’t feel like going. The sky is getting ready to dump buckets of rain, and it certainly is reflective of my mood. I feel just blah and want to cry buckets, too! 🙁
Here’s to hoping for a little break in this depressing cloud cover …
- Making a Difference One Bracelet at a Time - October 21, 2019
- A Dedication to the Earth Mother - September 2, 2019
- Mother Earth Contest Winners - July 15, 2019
- Mystical Shaman Oracle (Recommended Deck) - July 1, 2019
- My Mother Earth Experience - June 3, 2019
- The Mother Earth Project - April 1, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to Creating Beacons of Love - March 11, 2019
- Honor Thy Children (Save The World) - March 4, 2019
- Freeing Athena (Trapped in A Land of Mist) - February 4, 2019
- Lady of Avalon (Keeper of the Flame) - December 17, 2018