If you’re on my newsletter list, you may already know this, but my family took a much needed vacation last week. We haven’t had any really quality “family time” in over a year, and so much has happened in this year. We needed time to rest and have some fun, so we went to Traverse City, Michigan, which is one of the top vacation destinations in the U.S. – actually even above Sedona, which was really surprising to me.
We originally planned to go to Sedona, my dream vacation destination, this past March. We were supposed to buy plane tickets on a Saturday, but my husband came home from work the Friday night before to tell me that his boss told him not to make any major purchases over the weekend. Thankfully, we did not buy plane tickets because Monday morning brought news that my husband and all his co-workers would be losing their jobs. That was fun and all, but we would have enjoyed a Sedona vacation much more than the bad news. 😉
So, we finally took a vacation and went to Traverse City. I booked a hotel in April and got a fantastic deal, and our room had a microwave and mini fridge, so we saved even more money by taking some food with us. It was a lot of fun.
We went putt putt golfing at Pirate’s Cove – Awesome Place! (Two water slides, zip line, two 18 hole putt putt courses, bumper boats and go carts)
We also went lazy river tubing down the Platte River and learned that it’s really difficult to steer an inflatable tube. We even had surprise visitors one morning. I would have loved a better picture but thought for sure opening the door would scare these curious little guys.
And we watched some beautiful sunsets …
It was a little fun & serenity that we all desperately needed. And when we arrived at the hotel, I had a small bouquet of flowers and love note waiting for my husband …
Okay, now I’m back to work … 😉
Angel Blessings for a Great Week!
P.S., If you’d like to add your name to my email newsletter list, you can do that here or on the homepage.
- Making a Difference One Bracelet at a Time - October 21, 2019
- A Dedication to the Earth Mother - September 2, 2019
- Mother Earth Contest Winners - July 15, 2019
- Mystical Shaman Oracle (Recommended Deck) - July 1, 2019
- My Mother Earth Experience - June 3, 2019
- The Mother Earth Project - April 1, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to Creating Beacons of Love - March 11, 2019
- Honor Thy Children (Save The World) - March 4, 2019
- Freeing Athena (Trapped in A Land of Mist) - February 4, 2019
- Lady of Avalon (Keeper of the Flame) - December 17, 2018